About Harper Reed
I have a deep tech background and can speak to people who don’t in a way that helps them understand the value and nuance of it. I love traveling the world for speaking engagements for this reason.
- Make things fun. It is a requirement.
- Brought big tech to politics. As CTO of the Obama 2012 campaign, I was the first to bring the tech mentality to a political level.
- Opened for the rapper Sir-Mix-a-Lot as a juggling act.
- Enjoy codifying the world. From leadership to hacking, I codify a path forward through processes and protocol. Most of what I do, you can extrapolate as a system.
- Do the work. Working for Seth Godin, pioneering crowdsourcing at Threadless, founding Modest Inc. and creating four patents, heading up software at PayPal. I enjoy the work.
- Consider myself extremely lucky while acknowledging that luck = opportunity + preparation. I am very good at preparation.
- Excel at corralling/hiring/managing big teams and configuring them with the right people, the right opportunity and the right time.
You can often find me hacking on personal projects and generally enjoying life in Chicago with my amazing partner, Hiromi and our beautiful and bizarre poodle, Lulu.
For my press kit, visit my press page.
For press inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For speaking inquiries Book Harper
Visit harper.photos to view my recent photos
Visit harper.blog to view my blog archive
I have been tracking various bits of data about my self for over a dozen years. Some of it is interesting, most of it isn’t.
- Age: years
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Last book read: …
- Recent walking distance: …
- Last weight: …L
- Last night’s sleep: …
- Last song played: …
- Last Tweet: